Choosing the right underwear might not seem like the most crucial decision to make, but whether you’re a boxer, briefs or trunks type of a person, you may need recheck that by making sure the fit, style and fabric is right for you.
Most men underestimate and don’t seriousness in the importance and power of good underwear. If it’s too tight, too loose, or wearing that old and same pair of pants that were once white, you’ve got to do something about it.
Underwear is a basic clothing that is good for your health and hygiene but we tend to forget about it. This is the case whereby we never really consider whether, the underwear we’re wearing is right for our bodies.
Finding a pair that really goes well with your shape and provides enough support throughout the day or allows your skin to breathe when you are active is important. Below are guide that will help you choose the right underwear for you body type.
The Choice Matter
Underwear is worn underneath the rest of our clothing. Hidden from public view, Perhaps all day long. There is your choice pf wearing the right underwear important? Definitely YES
Hygienically it’s better to buy quality men’s underwear instead of cheap ones that wouldn’t last beyond a couple of washes. There are lots online shops such as Men & Underwear, Walking Jack… to name but just a few with different brands and types of underwear that will suite your needs.
Tips For Quality Underwear
- Absorbs body fluids or sweat coming from the crotch
- Keeps your trousers clean from the inside
- Provides support for your genitals, keeping them comfortable throughout the day
- Reduces friction between the genitals and your clothing (the best brands of underwear can prevent chafing in the crotch area thanks to the fabric)
- Regulates temperature in the lower body
The above tips are not the only things you to look at. There’s also the type or style of men’s underwear which can impact your day-to-day life. Your choice can improve your self-confidence, your performance at work and somehow too, might be a source of attraction from someone who likes you.
Now that you also need to find the best type or style, let’s break down each of these underwear types for going with the best option.
Boxers Vs Briefs
Just like clothes, there are lots variation of men’s underwear styles out there for you to choose from, you will need know what’s right for you. Are they brief or Boxers?; fit and shape can make all the difference. When there are so many options, how do you tell what will be best for you?
It’s essential to make sure that you feel comfortable in what you’re wearing. The fabric of your underwear needs to be breathable, gentle on your skin,and be suitable for what you’re doing that day.
You may be a boxers underwear guy, but having a variety of different styles can be beneficial. In a sense this doesn’t mean you have to wear a jockstrap under your suit to work, but you do need to consider certain factors before deciding to get into your usual briefs. To give an example, you wouldn’t buy a suit and tie for the gym, so why would you wear a pair of loose men’s underwear to train in?
#1. Boxer Shorts
If you’re looking for comfortable men’s underwear, look no further than the boxer short. Boxer shorts are a popular choice of underwear because they provide more freedom than others, the baggy material allows the skin to breathe, in turn, this creates a more comfortable area for your package. Unlike briefs, some boxers also come with a quick exit, via the loose, gappy material at the front.
However, be aware that although you’ll get a nice breeze, this kind of underwear may not offer you the support that you may require. Boxers come in two styles: slim and casual fit.
- Slim Fit: More fitted round the legs, but still provide a little more room than the brief.
- Casual Fit: The most comfortable boxers. Loose fitting and allows room to move around.
Briefs offers comfort and support, covering all areas around your package and bottom, while providing your legs with a little more freedom. They’re the best in comfortable men’s underwear and come in three different styles: low, mid and full rise, which all have different benefits.
- Low Rise Boxer Briefs: Men’s low rise underwear is ideal if you fancy enhancing that parcel of yours. As stated in the name, this underwear has a low cut, meaning that they sit at the bottom of your hipbone.
- Mid Rise Briefs: These guys give you a little more coverage, coming up to your waistline, but still work as breathable underwear.
- Full Rise Briefs: Even more coverage is provided with this style, with the band sitting below your bellybutton. Full rise briefs are perfect for those who want to create the illusion of a slimmer waist.
#4. Boxer Briefs
Boxer briefs have some small differences between boxers and boxer briefs. This style provides the same coverage, if not more, than a pair of boxers, but without the excessively baggy look. They’re great for working out because they give you lots of support and also protection.
However, due to the waistband sitting just above your hips but lower than the full rise briefs, this style can accentuate the stomach, creating a muffin top. So if you worry about how you tummy looks, then it’s best to avoid this type of underwear.
Another combination of the boxer and brief are Men’s trunk underwear. This has shorter legs than boxer shorts but have the same attractive, box shape. They’re not as baggy as the boxers and provide you with a similar support to a pair of briefs.
Although jockstrap look a little complicated, their unique design really helps to provide added support to the more delicate regions of your body. There are three straps that connect up together. Two that go around the bottom of your backside, and one around the waist.
Jockstrap has an addition option with a pouch offering you a little lift and keeps your groin protected during sports and activities. It’s convenient to wear a jock strap for exercise and for more dangerous sports as you have the option to fit a cup like thingy into the pouch area for that added protection.
Underwear comes in a range of fabrics from cotton to leather. What type of fabric feels and looks best?
- Cotton: Your generic, go-to material. Men’s cotton underwear is soft, kind and lets your skin breathe. You’ll probably find your standard underwear is either 100% cotton or a blend. A lot of men’s cotton underwear will have a waistband made of a stretchier material like elastane. Take note that cotton absorbs moisture easily, so it’s probably not an ideal fabric for exercise.
- Polyester: Another one that is usually mixed with other fabrics is polyester. This is a nice, stretchy material that allows for more flexibility. It’s thin and moisture-wicking fabric also means that it makes nice cooling underwear.
- Modal: Modal offers less support than cotton, but it does have a nice soft feel and is great for everyday use.
- Nylon: Nylon looks a little bit like silk and has a smooth feel to it, but it can be less friendly on sensitive skin. However, like polyester, nylon is durable and stretchy. With this in mind, it’s a great gym buddy.
- Silk: When you want to feel all smooth and sexy, a pair of fancy silk boxers is a nice and soft fabric to slip on. For every day? Maybe not so much.
- Antimicrobial Underwear: A type of underwear usually made from particles of silver or a material known as triclosan, which helps to prevent odour and promote hygiene in the lower regions.
Underwear And Body Type
Different styles of underwear will compliment different people. So find out your shape and match it to the right underwear to make sure you feel and look fantastic!
- Description: A slimmer body.
- Problem: Can appear bony if wearing baggier, or shorter material.
- Fix: Trunks. These are less tight and longer than briefs, so you’ll avoid looking like you’re wearing a nappy. They’re not baggy like the boxer either, which means your legs won’t look lost within all that material.
- Description: Guys under 5ft 9.
- Problem: Too much material can swamp your body, making you appear shorter.
- Fix: Briefs don’t have as much material, so you’ll have more flesh on show and won’t be hidden under the excess fabric.
- Description: Guys way over 5ft 9.
- Problem: Too little material can make you seem really, really tall. Like, really tall.
- Fix: Boxer briefs. Give yourself as much material to work with as possible. If you’ve got plenty of leg to spare, you won’t miss it being covered up.
Tips To Choose the Right Underwear
- Update your selection once in a while – if you’re still holding onto a pair of hole-ridden briefs, just bin them. Now.
- Consider what underwear you wear under tight clothes – you don’t want extra, baggy material sticking out from a pair of smart trousers at work.
- Try out different brands and fabrics – different things work for different people.
- Think about shape, fit and fabric, as baggy underwear will do you no favours.
- Don’t wear themed underwear if you’re trying to seduce, just keep it plain and simple.
Style, colour and pattern are important aspects to think about. Underwear might just seem like something you just wear beneath your clothes, but it’s much more important than that. Wearing the right sort of underwear can really affect your mood and outlook on life.
You may still think that it doesn’t really matter if I’m wearing nice clothes on the outside, no ones seeing what I’m wearing underneath. The thing is, even if it’s not on show, wearing something that you feel good wearing will make you feel happier about yourself, and when you feel happy about yourself, you look good.